The Soundtrack: Steps on My Own – with ANAM and MYO Steps on My Own was recorded and performed at the Australian National Academy of Music in November 2016. It was written and performed by Chrissie Ale (2016 Winner of the Noel Tovey Emerging Artist Achievement Award ) and Jessica Kei, amazingly talented young...
Previous Projects Archives | Phunktional
- Beyond the walls is a project we have designed in consultation with Muru Mittigar, NSW Police, Juvenile Justice Centres and Amnesty International as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders artists and community. It is a sustained creative arts program for young people
- Phunktional has worked for three years in Far North Queensland (FNQ), delivering a long-term community arts and cultural development program called the Yumpla Project.
- Delivering one of the most significant community arts and cultural development programs in the Mildura region, Phunktional connected young people from diverse backgrounds with film-making professionals to create three broadcast-quality short films.
- Phunktional worked closely with the Robinvale community to deliver ongoing arts and wellbeing workshops.
- As part of Phunktional’s Shadow Warrior tour in July 2017 two photographic exhibitions celebrating women in Mildura and Robinvale were created by local women. Both of these extraordinary exhibitions were titled: Everyday Heroes. The 27 nominated ‘Everyday Heroes’ in Robinvale were beautifully captured by local photographer Rebel Burkinshaw. Interviews were conducted and edited by...
- As part of Phunktional’s Shadow Warrior tour in July 2017 two photographic exhibitions celebrating women in Mildura and Robinvale were created by local women. Both of these extraordinary exhibitions were titled: Everyday Heroes. The 22 nominated ‘Everyday Heroes’ in Mildura were beautifully captured by local photographer Teagan Oliver. Interviews were conducted and edited by...
- Exploring Patterns was a two-year program that provided engaging art-based content for teachers and students that built resilience around the issues of sexual consent, safe partying, bullying, sexting, respectful relationships and domestic violence.
- In 2013, Phunktional delivered Masterclass workshops in partnership with Circus Oz, Ausdance and the City of Melbourne.